I think it is a crying shame that the Masters of the Universe (MOTU) never had their own arcade game. This project is my combined tribute to both the golden era of video games and one of the most memorable and entertaining cartoon franchises of the 1980's. The end result will be an arcade cabinet skinned Masters of the Universe inside and out, capable of replicating thousands of vintage arcade, computer and console games, including of course, every MOTU video game ever made. I'll be posting step-by-step progress here, as the pieces of this beastie begin to come together.
Boy, we’re close. All of the t-molding is on, the token lights are working, and all of the controls are working nearly perfectly.
All that’s left now is some fine-tuning (hacking) of Windows to get the load-in a bit smoother and we’re all set!
Not a question- But your cabinet looks Amazing!!! Excellent work & good luck!
Many thanks for the kudos! I’m about to post some more shots. It’s finally almost done. Really super duper close!
Boy its been a while, but we’ve made serious progress. Control wiring is nearly complete! Next up is to install casters and waterproofing treatment (can’t be too careful in my basement). Then we’ll be installing the gun ports and holsters. And then, the PC, which is already configured and ready to roll with a customized Hyperspin front end and nearly 7000 playable games! The end is in sight! AT LAST!!
HUGE headway over the past month, I just haven’t had a chance to post an update on it. First off, we knocked out the cosmetic work. Both sideart panels are applied and look amazing, as does the newly installed marquee. We also added a kickpanel and got the speaker system up and running. The original speakers are working alongside the new ones, upgrading the audio to 2.1 channel. It looks and sounds amazing! But the computer and the control panel still need to be installed. So right now, The Mighty MOTUMAME is like a car without an engine or a steering wheel. But it’s still one fine looking car!
All my attention is focused on the control panel now, with routing as the next step. I’ve never used a router before, so this is going to be interesting…
I picked up a 2.1 PC speaker set and connected the cabinet’s almost 20 year old speakers to the amp. It worked like a charm! I’m going to use one of the satellites from the 2.1 set, along with the subwoofer, to give the cabinet’s existing speakers some extra bump. This thing is going to sound sweet when it’s all said and done. And next week, I expect to make big headway while on vacation. Look for more updates soon!